Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday weigh in 02/04/2013


Monday is weigh in day. Every week while I am on my journey to loose my original goal of 100lbs I will weigh in and share my thoughts about the week. I will share with you my success's and failures i experienced during the week and how I plan to overcome those failures. 


This mornings weigh in resulted in me loosing 5lbs this week. My weight is 331lbs and I have lost a total of 13lbs, in the last 10 days.

I didn't expect to have this type of weight loss I experienced this week for many reasons. First was I can have as much food as I want as long as it is veggies and fruit, beans are also free food items. Second was I am not putting my body into keytosis so I didn't expect to drop weight that fast. As the week progressed I found myself not wanting to eat as much food because I felt full and not hungry. (One of the benefits of the high nutrition from veggies and fruit)

 Overall this week was awesome! I felt really good and I was able to still have some food I like. My failures this week were too many oatmeal cookies, Ice cream with the young men from church on Tuesday and a bag of popcorn on Sat. evening and no workouts this week. I didn't have any meat until Sat. evening when Jennie and I attended a YMCA banquet and I had meat on Sunday evening at a Super Bowl party.

So Saturday we had steak at the Banquet and I wanted seconds, Jennie encouraged me to not have seconds but I did because it tasted so good! I started into the second piece of steak and only ate a few bites because I was full. All in all I felt really good for the remainder of the evening and also felt good on Sunday morning. I expected to have some digestive issues from the red meat however I was fine. Sunday evening was a different story, the Super Bowl food did not go over well. Jennie and I both complained about stomach aches and feeling tired and groggy.  This morning we both felt like we were experiencing a food hangover. In fact as I write this right now my stomach feels bad and I know its from all the good tasting junk food we ate last night.

All in all I feel great and my energy levels have increased. The biggest thing I noticed this week was my overall attitude and demeanor. I felt so happy this week, and experienced very little stress. I had times during the week when I could have been over stressed, but I moved through the issue and got it done. This was a huge wake up for me because during all my other diets I have tried I always felt down, angry or just repressed because I was trying to resist every temptation to eat sugar. Not the case this week, much more mentally stable and happy.

I will post some recipes we have been enjoying in our family this past week that maybe you will want to try in your home. Remember if you eat 3 times a day and decide to juice for one of those meals you have just made your diet 33% plant based and that is a huge step to adding more nutrition into your diet and making you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment