Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Green Smoothie



Here is the recipe I like to make in the morning as breakfast.

4 Green Apples
1 Bunch of Celery
1 Cucumber
1/4" Slice of Ginger
1 Lemon
2 cups of Green Grapes
1 Large avocado
2 bananas
3 cups of fresh spinach

Juice the apples, celery, cucumber, lemon and ginger.

Insert other ingredients in this order into your blender
1. Grapes
2. Spinach
3. Avocado
4. Bananas

Pour the juice into the blender.

Blend on high until the spinach is completely gone, add ice to the blender if you want to drink it cold right away or serve on ice.

This is a big batch of green smoothie. It will make breakfast for Jennie, Paisley and myself. I will than have extra for a mid morning or mid afternoon snack for Jennie and I. If you are juicing for yourself I would cut the recipe in half and you will still have enough for breakfast and a meal later that day. Also feel free to add flax seed or chia seeds to the mix as well.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment