Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Jan. 28, 2013

 

Paisley my daughter loves putting food into the juicer, she is helping me this morning make our morning juice!

I stepped on the scale this morning and I had lost 7 lbs! This is amazing since I have been focusing on moving meat and animal products out of my diet since last Friday...which was only 3 days ago.

As of right now I am eating veggies and fruit during the day. My morning and mid day snack consist of either more juice or a whole fruit or veggie, or nuts like almonds, cashews or walnuts. Lunch consists of a Medium sized salad lots of veggies, an avocado and key ingredients that include cilantro and parsley. Cilantro and parsley are added to help increase with the detoxing of my body. Ideally dinner will be large salad with beans and some steamed veggies on the side. Right now I have had meat for dinner every night. I am slowly moving that to only having 2 meals a week with meat. This will make my diet about 90% raw veggies and fruit. It's not easy since I have been eating meat or an animal product 3-4 times a day.


If your interested in some of the information I have been researching here is a book I highly recommend. Eat to Live, by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This book is awesome and he goes through all the ins and outs of why we as a human race need to have more veggies and fruit in our diet. I purchased the V-Book for my ipad and iphone. This was a huge time saver for me while reading I could easily read 6-10 pages at work when things got a little slow.
 

2 comments:

  1. Did you watch Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead on netflix? He's a huge juicer & has an awesome story. Good for you Tim! I know you can do it & I'm excited to hear how it works out for you. I love that you're learning what works best for you & changing your mindset, too. You are a good one!

    And Paisley is a doll. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the documentary last year on Netflix and than decided to do some research on Dr. Fuhrman who monitors Joe's progress during that movie. He promotes a full vegan diet which I think can be a little extreme, however I buy into his theory of 90% Plant based diet. All the protein you need can come from veggies, fruit and legumes. However I have a hard time believing that a little meat here and there is going to be super bad. I like fish and chicken a lot and I love red meat, but I have noticed red meat makes my digestive system go crazy so cutting back isn't going to hurt me.

    ReplyDelete